Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
The Division of Water:
• Establishes standards for water cleanliness
• Regulates discharges to waters and wetlands
• Provides financial assistance for water and wastewater facility construction and waterbody assessment and remediation
• Trains, certifies, and assists water and wastewater system operators
• Monitors and reports on water quality
The Alaska Clean Water Fund (ACWF) and the Alaska Drinking Water Fund (ADWF) are two Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (ADEC) loan fund programs that offer low interest loans to Alaskan municipalities and other qualified entities for financing water, wastewater and water quality related projects.
Loans can finance up to 100 percent of a project’s eligible costs for planning, design and construction of publicly owned facilities. In addition, loans can serve as local match most other federal or state funding sources.